Dental Cleanings & Checkups Near You
Everyone wants to maintain their radiant, healthy smiles for as long as possible. When it comes to maintaining optimal oral health, attending professional dental cleanings and checkups near you is essential. At these appointments, our dentist and dental hygienist work to eliminate harmful bacteria and plaque from the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth and provide you with comprehensive treatment plans. At Aspen Dental Clinic, we provide dental cleanings and checkups in Rocky Mountain House.
What is the Significance of Dental Cleanings and Checkups?
When you ingest foods and beverages, an invisible layer of bacteria coats your teeth, known as plaque. When allowed to sit on your teeth, plaque hardens into a substance called tartar which is almost impossible to remove with at-home oral hygiene practices. The longer that tartar stays on the teeth and along the gum line, the greater your risk is of developing tooth decay and periodontal disease.
In their early stages, tooth decay and gum disease often do not cause any symptoms, which leads to patients allowing the situation to progress until they are in significant pain. When you visit Aspen Dental Clinic for dental cleanings and checkups in Rocky Mountain House, our dentist can identify and treat early signs of tooth decay and gum disease before they severely affect your oral health.
How Do Dental Cleanings and Checkups Work?
When you get professional dental cleanings near you, the process will include our dental hygienist:
- Scaling your teeth and gums to remove all tartar and plaque buildup
- Polishing and flossing your teeth
- Providing a fluoride rinse or tray to reinforce your tooth enamel and lower your chances of developing cavities in the future
Once your dental cleaning is complete, our dentist in Rocky Mountain House will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your oral health. During this evaluation, they will:
- Take x-rays of your mouth to monitor your development and spot any underlying issues
- Discuss any changes to your medical history
- Visually inspect your mouth for signs of gum disease or tooth decay
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Provide you with a personalized treatment plan and assessment
How to Take Care of Your Oral Health at Home
Having a strong, healthy smile does wonders for your confidence and quality of life. To keep your mouth healthy, our dentist recommends that you:
- Floss once a day
- Brush your teeth for a minimum of two minutes two times per day
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash after ingesting sugary snacks or meals
- Visit Aspen Dental Clinic at least once every six months for a professional dental cleaning and checkup
If it has been longer than six months since your last dental visit, please visit our team at Aspen Dental Clinic. We are proud to provide exceptional dental care to all of our patients. Please get in touch with us to schedule an appointment with professional dental cleaning and checkup near you today!