Benefits of Teeth Whitening
No matter how you decide to go about it, teeth whitening can be a beneficial treatment for a variety of reasons – the biggest is, arguably, the boost in confidence that it’ll give us, particularly when we smile, talk, eat, or laugh in the company of others.
Are you interested in enhancing your smile? Receiving teeth whitening in Rocky Mountain House may be the treatment for you! To learn more about this, contact our local dental office today. Our staff will be more than happy to assist you.
Do-it-yourself treatments or professional whitening are the two ways that you can go about brightening up your teeth. Dentists frequently advocate for the latter option since it’s more effective, performed in a clean, safe environment by knowledgeable professionals, and your results will last longer. However, it may be costly, so it all comes down to your preferences and your budget.
The process of having your teeth bleached has become a standard practice across dental clinics and can be completed in a single appointment that lasts between 60 to 90 minutes.
The first thing that will happen when you come in to see a dentist near you is an evaluation of your teeth and gums. Your dentist may take x-rays if they think it’s necessary too. Next, they’ll injury about your dental and medical history, and what your expectations are. If they deem you an ideal candidate for teeth whitening, they’ll go ahead with the process.
Your teeth with be thoroughly cleaned of any debris or bacteria that may be lingering so it doesn’t interfere with the bleaching. Next, a set amount of the bleaching agent – typically hydrogen or carbamide peroxide – is applied to your smile. A blue light is brought in to activate the whitening process. When a minute is up, it’ll be wiped off before being reapplied. This cycle continues until your smile resembles the shade of white that you desire.
Reasons for Teeth Whitening
Over time, our smiles will naturally start to stain due to several things. Outlined below are some of the most prominent culprits when it comes to the presence of discoloration:
• Smoking, especially using tobacco.
• Drinking lots of tea, coffee, soda, beer, and red wine.
• Eating certain foods like tomato-based sauces, curries, and berries.
• Genetic factors.
• Oral infection or cavities.
• Excessive fluoride exposure.
• Taking medications.
It’s important to speak with your dentist in Rocky Mountain House before undergoing treatment, as teeth whitening may not be the right solution for you. Furthermore, another thing to keep in mind is that no one’s teeth are naturally bright white; instead, the shade of our smiles typically resembles anything from dull ivory to yellow-grey.
Though it’s practically impossible to prevent your teeth from acquiring stains completely, there are measures you can take to maintain a healthy-looking smile that will give you confidence. Such “tricks” include:
• Consume less food and drinks that leave behind stains.
• Don’t smoke.
• Clean your teeth regularly. Though the standard rule is twice a day, it’s better if you do so after each meal.
• Attend regular dental checkups and cleanings.
If you have questions or concerns about any of this, don’t hesitate to contact your dentist.
Advantages of Teeth Whitening
• Removes current stains and helps prevent future discoloration.
• You’ll appear younger.
• It’ll boost your self-esteem – you’ll be encouraged to smile more often which also helps boost your mental health too.
• Help you leave a positive impression – many studies suggest that our smiles are one of the first things that other people notice!
• Can help hide other imperfections with your teeth.
• It works!
• Encourages patients to exercise good oral hygiene habits – after all, you want the results to last!
Come into Aspen Dental Clinic Today!
At our dental practice, we provide quick yet effective teeth whitening near you. Patients both new and returning are welcome to come in and schedule a session with a member of our team to gather more information. We can be reached via phone, by heading to our website and completing the form, or stopping by our location when you get the chance.
You deserve to adore your smile every single day, and we’re here to help you make that a reality. We look forward to collaborating with you soon!